Round out your job application with a professional cover letter. We have plenty of info about cover letters and how to write your own, but if you are specifically looking to work as a sales manager, you’ve come to the right place.
Use this sample as reference for writing your own, or simply replace our information with your own. If, however, you’d rather have it professionally written, let our cover letter builder do the heavy lifting.
Table of Contents
- Sales Manager Cover Letter & Resume (Image)
- Sales Manager Cover Letter (Text Format)
- 5 Tips for Writing Your Sales Manager Cover Letter
1. Sales Manager Cover Letter Sample (Image)
The below images show both the Sales Manager Cover Letter and the Sales Manager Resume. You can download your own for free by clicking the images below.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Retail Manager Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Looking for something different? Check out our cover letter collection for more examples.
2. Customer Service Cover Letter (Text Format)
142 Facebook Blvd.
Raleigh, NC, 94301 United States
March 21, 2017
Hiring Manager’s Name
341 Company Address
Raleigh, NC, 94301
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
My name is David Chalice, and I am a sales manager with experience in regional territory management and marketing brand strategy. I was contacted via LinkedIn about your National Sales Manager position and think I would be the best fit for the role.
As a sales manager with 8 years of experience at Stone & Meyer, I consistently exceeded monthly sales goals resulting in annual increases in profits 6 years in a row. I believe my dedication and proven track record demonstrate my ability to substantially increase profits at Wilford & Co. Here are three examples of my contributions that have had a positive and lasting impact on Stone & Meyer:
- Designed an innovative marketing strategy to boost market penetration, increasing our operating profit margin by 30% in 2016.
- Analyzed sales pipelines and trends with senior management in order to forecast quarterly sales goals and quotas with 95% accuracy.
- Devised social media strategies that align with corporate B2C initiatives and objectives.
I’ve noticed Wilson & Co. has made great efforts to meet increasing customer demand for IoT and M2M sectors. This is a commendable strategy, as this branch of the industry is expected to garner profits exceeding $500 million dollars in revenue this year alone.
I am thrilled at the prospect of working with your company and would like to come in for an interview as soon as possible. Please contact me at [Phone] or via email at [Email] so we can arrange a suitable time to meet. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
3. 5 Tips for Writing a Sales Manager Cover Letter
1. Be specific: A strong cover letter will provide information about your past roles, what you did there, and how qualified you are as a candidate. It should also be assertive: let the employer know you want the position and believe you are the best fit. As a sales manager, you want to be explicit and convincing.
2. Emphasize skills: If you are already in a managerial role or are applying for one, you will want to prove that you can take charge. Provide examples that demonstrate your leadership qualities and effectiveness as a manager.
If you are already in a managerial role or are applying for one, you will want to prove that you can take charge. Provide examples that demonstrate your leadership qualities and effectiveness as a manager.
3. Quantify: The best way to convince an employer of your ability is to give them quantified work experience. This kind of results-oriented language is vivid and helps employer’s gauge what kind of candidate you are.
4. Sell Yourself: The importance of selling yourself cannot be overstated. In a cover letter, it is acceptable to say that you’re the best candidate for the job. You want to come across as confident, knowledgeable, and dependable.
5. Borrow from your resume: It’s ok to restate key examples, words, and phrases from your resume. After all, that’s your best ammunition, so why not use it again? Choose aspects of your resume that pertain to the employer’s needs; this will make you stand out from the competition.
Sample Resume for a Sales Director
You need a resume strategy just as you need a sales strategy. Check out this sales director resume sample for guidance on how to improve your resume.
Sample Resume for a Sales Director
You know how important a strategic sales plan is to your operation's success; a strategic plan for your resume is just as important, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. For guidance on how to plan your resume's strategy, check out this resume sample for a senior-level sales director that Isaacs created below, and download the sales director resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about sales careers on Monster.
Sales Director resume template
- Combine entrepreneurial drive with business-management skills to drive gains in revenue, market share and profit performance.
- Communicate a clear, strategic sales vision, effectively training and coaching both veteran and junior sales team members.
- Cultivate excellent relationships with new prospects and existing customers.
- Turn around lagging operations and prepare companies for fast growth and profitability.
ABC Company, Sometown, NC
Sales Director, 2012 to Present
Sales Manager,2007 to 2012
Customer Service Manager,2000 to 2007
- Revived struggling operation from being on the verge of bankruptcy to a turnaround success story. Revamped pricing strategy, implemented effective promotional strategies, trained a high-performance sales team and helped boost corporate image.
- Tripled annual sales volume within four years, growing sales from $15 million in 2008 to $45 million in 2011.
- Achieved 2011 Star Performance Award for outstanding sales results, representing the first time the division achieved this recognition.
- Led the growth of sales department from 175 to 300 employees. Established a competitive sales force by offering aggressive compensation, desirable benefits packages and performance-driven sales-incentive programs.
- Improved sales policies and practices. Defined the sales cycle, created accurate job descriptions and developed standards for customer relationship management.
DEF Company, Sometown, NC
Sales Manager,1995 to 2000
- Closed an average of 35% of all leads and achieved between 110% and 120% of projected monthly sales goals during tenure.
- Targeted and penetrated a competitive market. Sold thousands of corporate accounts and converted many customers from competitors’ services.
- Recognized as a member of The Shining Star Club for routinely exceeding quotas.
- Established relationships within a Fortune 500 company and guided sales representatives to close deal generating $125K in recurring annual revenue.
- Orchestrated successful promotional campaigns, including a special offer that penetrated market territory by 6% in one day.
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, NC
Bachelor of Science, Major in Marketing
- Buyer-Seller Relationships
- Train The Trainer
- Fair Hiring Practices
- Prevention of Harassment Policies
- Sales Processes
- Best Practices in Cellular Management
- Gaining a Sales Commitment
- Leading a Global Sales Force
- New Business Development
- P&L Management
- Strategic Planning
- Operations Management
- Key Account Management
- Turnaround & High-Growth Strategies
- Customer Relationship Management
- Staff Training & Development
- Contract Negotiations
- Budgeting & Forecasting